It's all their fault.
1. FIRST NAME? Heh, heh. Tough question, actually. I'm so complex ;) In Real Life name starts with an S and rhymes with, well, let's not give away too much.... Blogger name, Suisan, I chose because it's close to Shushan (which means 'Lily' in Persian, and I always liked that name), and it's kind of almost close to a town name that means something to me. (And then after I thought I was being Oh, So Creative I remembered that it's the name of a Scottish Heroine from an Arnette Lamb book. Dim bulb.)
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? IRL I've got the name my grandfather would have named my mother if his mother-in-law hadn't vetoed the name as sounding too foreign, or in her words, "Choctaw." (Why Choctaw? No idea. But to her anything Armenian, Persian, or Turkish, was "that Choctaw stuff.") So I guess I'm named for my mother or for my grandfather.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? A few days ago when I realized that if I went to go see a horse I know in Georgia, then I'd probably start crying and embarrass myself. So I started crying here. Odd.
4. WHAT IS ON YOUR DESKTOP BACKGROUND? A King Kong vs. Godzilla movie poster which my husband puts on MY COMPUTER everytime he uses it. I used to change it back to Cap'n Jack Sparrow, or various horsey pictures friends have sent me, but now I'm too lazy to bother with it. I sort of never see my desktop background anyway.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Coppa.
6. KIDS? Three.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes. What idiot answers this question, "No."?
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL ? Yeah, kinda sorta. I mean I have the blog, but somehow I don't think of it as a "JOURNAL," but I don't know why I resist that word.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Who, me? Sarcastic? I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Ummmmm. Yeah, but the person with me at the top of the jump would have to be someone very calm, not a hyped up dude with long hair and an attitude. If I could be really calm and quiet with my eyes closed for about a minute before I jumped, I'd do it.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Don't ask me to choose. Well, hot cereal's easy: McCann's Irish Oatmeal.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES? Huh? I'm a preppy at heart--loafers with no socks. In all weather. (I don't wear wide wale courdoroy pants, bermuda shorts, or pink polo shirts. But the sockless shoes remain.)
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes. I think. Most of the time.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Maple Walnut or Coffee Heath Bar Crunch
16. SHOE SIZE? 7 wide? 8? 8.5? Who knows--it's always a new shoe size depending on heel height and manufacturer. How does anyone buy shoes online?
17. RED OR PINK? Red
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I procrastinate until I get myself into stupid trouble when it comes to paperwork. I hate that I can't get a handle on it when I've identified it as a problem.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My aunt. She had flaws as dark and wide as veins of black on a turquoise stone, but she loved me perfectly.
20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jeans and black loafers
21. LAST THING YOU ATE? Coffee, strawberries and Wheat Thins. Odd breakfast.
22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Rain.
23 IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Periwinkle blue
24. FAVORITE SMELL? A combination of leather + roses + lime. Never quite found a perfume which has this in the right balance, but I'm still looking.
25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A fellow politician.
26. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes--are they listening eyes? Or are they watching eyes? After eyes, hands--the knuckles and backs of the fingers. Ooooohoooh. Tingly.
27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Um, if taking it off of Kristie's blog, sitting on it for a few days and then taking it off of Cindy's blog counts, then, yes, I like both of them.
28. FAVORITE DRINK? HOT coffee with thick cream. But I'm such a slave to caffeine I'll drink it warmish with lo-fat milk, but it's not the same. Coffee laced with sambucca is nice too. (OK, anything licorice works, really.)
29. FAVORITE SPORT? Is speed knitting a sport?
30. HAIR COLOR? Dark brown with a few bright white hairs which I'm oddly proud of. My hairdresser finds me "brave." (It's six hairs--good thing bravery is so easy to come by.)
31. EYE COLOR? Brown, almost black
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, but I used to. I prefer contacts, but the upkeep annoys me--and they're expensive too.
33. FAVORITE FOOD? Carmelized onions.
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy Ending.
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Ten Commandments. Quick! I've got to go watch something else to get the taste out of my mouth.
36. COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Orangey-red boucle sweater, actually.
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall
38. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? Don't make me choose! Oh, alright....Coffee creme brulee, raspberry cheescake where the raspberries are *really* tart, my own apple pie made with heavy cream so the apples melt into applesauce, Peach pie (I make a good one), bread pudding, I'm sorry, I was supposed to pick one? Can't do it.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Too many to keep track of--right now focusing on The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Jay Fowler.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have one.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? No TV last night. Reading a budget report and a math curriculum comparative analysis. Both superbly depressing. Should have watched Top Chef instead.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Any grazing animal munching hay. Penny whistle.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Soviet Armenia in terms of miles travelled. Circus in terms of cultures sampled.
46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can speak in full sentences.
47. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? June 1967 in Boston, MA
48.WHY DID YOU ANSWER THIS SURVEY OF YOURSELF? Because I am a talented, witty, engaging, and fascinating person and wanted to share with the world.