Friday, December 16, 2005

Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Or Not.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die:

1. Learn how to blow glass.
2. Go on Alaskan cruise all by myself with no guilt.
3. Go on a knitting retreat.
4. Live in a cabin with lots of cats with a view of the sea and a woodburning stove.
5. Sit on a cutting horse.
6. Fully understand the similarities and differences between these Arabian horse strains: Abayyan, Dahman, Hadban, Hamdani, Kuhaylan, Muniqi, Saqlawi, etc.
7. Plan the songs for my own funeral. (OK, maybe that's gross, but it is something I should do at some point.)

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1. Clean without getting angry.
2. Cook a meal.
3. Be spontaneous. (Sorry Megan--I stole yours because it works for me too.)
4. Shut UP at a party.
5. Smile and be nice to someone I think is stupid.
6. Be on time for more than a few days at a time.
7. Give advice and then not be hurt when that person decides not to take it.

Seven Things That Attract Me To My Spouse (or Significant Other, Best Friend, etc.)

1. "F*ck em if they can't take a joke."
2. Being a good Dad.
3. He actually (no really!) has grey eyes.
4. He loves me.
5. His sense of humor, sick though it may be.
6. He cooks.
7. He listens to me blather on about whatever subject I'm currently obsessed with without blinking.

Seven Things I Say (or Write) Most Often:

1. Eh, Yeah.
2. My brain is like a sieve!
3. not only..., but also....
4. Wait. Stay with me--I'm getting to the point. Soon.
5. (After trying to get a child's attention) "What IS your name?"
6. (After noticing that my children's clothing doesn't match or hair is uncombed) "Who's your mother? And how did she let you out of the house like that?"
7. When are you coming home?

Seven Books (or Series) I love:

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Nine Horses by Billy Collins
3. Tredana Series by Joyce Ballou Gregorian (Castledown's my favorite)
4. Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale
5. Silver Birch by Dorothy Lyons
6. Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. Drinkers of the Wind by Carl Raswan

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again
:

1. Notorious
2. My Favorite Year
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. Captain Blood
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.
6. His Girl Friday
7. Young Frankenstein

Seven People I Want To Join In (Be Tagged)

1. Kate Rothwell
2. p. Devi
3. KristieJ
4. crankyreader
5. Jay
6. Renee
7. Ummmm. I'm running out of names (whine) OK, Douglas Hoffman.

6 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Ah ha! I know we're not twins because I am usually on time. But other than that? Very similar. Although I don't plan on having a funeral. And I don't know anything about horses, except for having read this book in Lippizaners (sp?) a lot of times when I was young.
Thanks for playing, and for tagging people I would've tagged, too.

Douglas Hoffman said...

Eeeek!

You know what's toughest about this? I have to make it at least a little bit funny.

CindyS said...

First, blowing glass would scare the bejeepers out of me because I would be worried I would suck in.

Second, the fact that you know there are similarities and differences between Arabian horse strains means you can check that one off your list. No really, I'm the judge ;)

Plan songs? Really? I'm much more morbid. I told my Aunt that *God-forbid* anything made me need a plug to pull that she was to make sure it gone done. Yeah, I think she was overcome with the warm fuzzies. I know Bob won't do it and I don't think you can ask your parents. In the same conversation I told my mom she better hope she is never on a machine because I will be pulling plugs until something stops! No really, it's my kind of humour ;)

There are people who clean without getting angry?

I love 5 and 6 under Things you say. I may be forced to steal it. Also, when asking someone how they are or what is wrong and they answer 'I don't know' I follow up with, 'is there someone else who knows?'.

Hey, am I still talking!?

CindyS

Kate said...

uh oh.

Ok!

Anonymous said...

What an honor! But the number one thing on my list of "Seven things I cannot do" is make lists. I'm hopeless. (Hmm, number two might be using full words when a contraction is available. I can't remember the last time I typed "cannot".)

Why not nominate someone else and catch me in another go-round? Plus, I don't think more than three people have ever visited my blog, so who would I tag? :-)

Suisan said...

O go ahead, P. Devi. Play along?
PUweese??

Don't worry about who to tag...

Wanna come out and play?