Monday, February 19, 2007

Hello, Monday

No School
Lots of Sun
Leads to no time for blogging.

On the other hand, I do have to share this:

How do you know when your twelve year old daughter has hit the teenager grumpies? Let's see.

Yesterday it was in the seventies, sun shining. This is after weeks of drizzle and rain. I get the little ones to a playground, but Eldest won't budge out of the house. Then I demand that she come with us to the off leash dog park by the ocean. The dog always splashes in the surf and has a marvelous time. After that, we can visit Dad and pick up something for dinner. (Here's my hook.) If you want to, you don't even have to leave the car. Bring your iPod and your sketch book, but come with us.

Grumble, grumble, grump, grump, grump.

As I'm piling everything into the car (leash, tennis balls, bucket, soap, towels, jackets), I ask Grumpy Lady, "Do you have a jacket?"

"No. It's supposed to be a BEE-ew-tiful day. Isn't it?"

Bwah-hahaha! She kills me.



(I'll just note here that we all got out of the car at the park and had a good time. And then Dear Butcher took pity on her and asked her to stay with him so that he could take her out to diner after the shop closed. She ended up having a good time.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annahid here:

Well it was.