Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To Start the New Year...

let's look at some oddities. (Statcounter does lead you to odd things.)

Number one: I have had more hits from Australia over the past few days than from the US.

Turns out that these guys are reading this and complaining (again) about this mare. Apparently, the entire country of Oz now loves little old me. Giggling slightly: "I'm intelligent. They think I'm intelligent." (Course they also took my link off the message board for fear of being sued. So much for blogwhoring.) Presenting Namusca, the most discussed Arabian mare on the internet. IMO? Yes, it's a birth defect, no, I don't think it's pretty and no, I don't think it's genetic.
What an Arabian head can and should look like:


Or even:

Moving on......

Number two: Someone found me looking for: "Jessica Bensonma cell phone number". And I'm on the first page for that search. I don't know me no Jessica Bensonma. But Jessica, if you're reading this, someone's looking for you.

Now that we've got the oddities out of the way, on we go to an entirely new year.

Now, how did that happen?

10 comments:

~ames~ said...

LMAO!! I hope Jessica googles herself. :P

That horse looks whack, that ain't pretty at all.

~ames~ said...

Oops-Happy New Year!

Suisan said...

Yeah. I felt a little bit bad for Jessica. Cause it's weird that whoever's trying to bother her on her cell phone would visit a link where I'm talking about a romance novel by Jessica Benson.

::shrugs::

CindyS said...

I'm very afraid of that horse! I have to be honest and say that Arabians are not a breed that I find appealing because of their facial features. Also, their head seems to be too small for their bodies.

CindyS

Suisan said...

Cindy--it depends entirely upon the Arabian. The show Arabians are quite bizarre, but the same thing can be said for the certain show dog breeds. The "old-fashioned" Arabians don't tend to have such tiny stretched out heads.

By the way, there is some serious venom on the Arabian horse message boards. (not so much on the one I linked to) Hoo boy. Had to stop reading them a while back because, yikes, it's a horse, people. Calm yourselves.

Anonymous said...

My billing gal agrees, that's one weird-looking horse. She doesn't like Arabians either, due to the small head.

Anonymous said...

I like horses, and I've loved Arabs, sight unseen, since I read King of the Wind as a kid. But that horse is just freaky. Mutant freaky. Bug-eyed mutant alien from another planet freaky.

OK, myabe not that freaky, but still ...

Suisan said...

well, gee Deluvian's head isn't small, and he's about as pure of an Arabian as you can get. (Second picture.)

But I know what people are upset about--mostly the show arabians.

MMkay. I need to get off this topic sometime soon.

Rising Rainbow said...

Hum...I don't know what I think for sure. I hadn't seen this mare until now. I think her head is freaky alright but don't know if I think it's deformed or genetic. VP Khulua (SP?) had a head like that - she never did produce it though but that doesn't mean it's not genetic. It could be really recessive or some strange modifier or whatever and only show up every upteen zillion or something. It's not my thing. I'm into balanced horses. BTW Brown didn't leave IAHA voluntarily, he was fired. And IAHA's problems were much deeper than the office of the judges and stewards commissioner. Also, the lawsuits by Boggs went nowhere. But I'm not sure what happened about a couple of the others that were by horses not named in the original court proceedings. Those may have been settled out of court. But Boggs didn't get a dime.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo busted. Again. ROTFL

Wait till I show someone her picture. ;>