Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not that this is news or anything

...But my brother is a world class idiot. Just saying.

I watched the Bravo preview for "Flipping Out" featuring house-flipper Jeff Lewis, who has OCD. Except for the fact that Jeff has money and a career and an intense obsession to have all the labels in his refrigerator facing out, he could have been my brother in the interviews.

If my brother had money, he would totally hire a team of "trash guys" and "house boys" to take his cat to he vet and to be available to him for the occasional cathartic screamfest. The thing where he says that he needs a team of people around him to support him. My brother. The thing where he gushes love all over them at dinner saying that he's surrounded by the people he loves. My brother. The thing where he comments that they are so inept that he has to remind them to go to the bathroom. My brother.

I'm alternately obsessed with and repulsed by this show.

I know I'm going to end up watching it. (Project Runway, Top Chef, Top Design, Shear Genius -- they all sucked me in. Even Top Design, which was a disaster, and Shear Genius, which, um, I don't understand because I sorta don't "get" hair styling.)

1 comment:

CindyS said...

I'll have to see if I can find this show up here but I can't handle people who are lovey dovey one minute and insulting you the next. Ugh.

Cindy