Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I have my sticker

I've visited the polls and I have my little red, white and blue sticker: "I Voted!"

I had a hard time deciding on the Democratic candidates. I really want to vote a woman into the White House. Both my Senators are women, and they do a great job. My Assemblywoman is, uh, woman, hence the name. My Representative to Congress is a man, and he's a good guy. Overall, I like knowing that my political representatives are well respected amongst their colleagues, and the fact that they are women holding those levels of respect is great.

I so wanted to be able to vote for Hillary. But the truth is, I don't really like her or trust her. If I could, I'd vote Bill Clinton back in, but I"m not going to vote for his wife because I like him. That would be disrespectful to her.

But I'm not totally convinced that Obama's my guy. I don't know who he's going to surround himself with. The person he chooses as Chief of Staff and Press Secretary and all those other "West Wing" (God, I loved that show) characters makes a big difference in HOW he is able to implement his grand ideas.

Push comes to shove though, I couldn't fill in the circle for Hilary. Just couldn't do it. So, Obama got my vote.

Please be a good choice. OK? Thanks.

1 comment:

CindyS said...

*fingers crossed*

I think everyone just wants a good choice in office now ;)

CindyS