Wednesday, March 28, 2007

That meme that went around earlier in the month.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 am

2. Diamonds or Pearls? Pearls. Can't say I much like diamonds. But I do enjoy polished stones: Lapis Lazuli, Carnelian, Jade, Jasper. If you're looking for a "rock" to buy me, then it should be a garnet or a sapphire.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Departed

4. What is your favorite TV show? House (but they're running out of crises), Top Design, Project Runway, and Top Chef. The Actor's Studio, and any of the "Cold Case Files" true crime shows.

5. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee and a corn muffin

6. What is your middle name? Lynda.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Indian. Or Turkish. Or Persian. Umm--I need to pick one?

8. What foods do you dislike? Cauliflower--squeeky. ::Shudder:: Various fish and seafood which doesn't have the right texture (skate leaps to mind). Cooked salmon (I keep expecting it to taste like smoked Nova Lox. Duh.) Bluefish (God we ate so much bluefish when I was a kid. Hated it then, despise it now.)

9. Your favorite Potato chip? Salt and Vinegar.

10. What cd have you been listening to lately? Ummm. Mostly the radio.

11. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Odyssey

12. Favorite sandwich? Hummus with lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and anything else that's crunchy. Shawarma with labnah, sumac zaatar and pickles. (Someone in my grandfather's family was named Zahatar--always thought that was a neat name.)

13. What characteristics do you despise? Prideful ignorance. (Stephen Colbert picks at this well. "I don't need to know anything; I can tell in my gut what should be true." Hate that.)

14. What are your favorite clothes? Large sweaters. Flannel lined jeans. Loafers with no socks. Either that or nothing on the body, but wrapped in a soft quilt.

15. If you would go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Right now? I think I'd take a trip back to Massachusetts. Visit the farm. Ride a horse. Anywhere in the world? Ummm. Wouldn't mind a condo on the beach in Maui--but I'd have to be by myself, thank you.

16. Favorite brand of clothing? You're kidding. BRAND? Whatever fits and is on sale.

17. Where would you want to retire? Somewhere quiet. Somewhere where it snows but it doesn't stay so cold that I get miserable. Somewhere where I can visit the ocean every once in a while, or at least drive by it. Somewhere where I can have pets (nursing homes worry me).

18. Favorite time of day? Really early in the morning, but it's hard to drag myself out of bed these days.

19. Where were you born? Love that Dirty Water, Boston, you're my home. Fruuuus-trated women! Have to be in by twelve o'clock. (Why did a band from LA ever write this song anyway?)

20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Dressage competitions (Come on, what did you THINK I was going to say?)

21. Who do you think will not send this back? NA

22. Person you expect to send it back first? NA

23. Pepsi or Coke? Coke. But really, Polar Orange Dry--but I don't get it out here. Or Moxie. (Which is why I drink Dr. Pepper--it's almost Moxie.)

24. Beavers or Ducks? Otters?

25. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night Owl

26. Pedicure or Manicure? Pedicure

27. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? The major fundraising group for the school district has invited a circus to come to town, and I'm stuffing both hands in my mouth. Really am conflicted about them setting up here--have too many detailed questions to ask about tent security, insurance, lot management, ticket surcharges, etc.

28. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher. A veterinarian. (My parents told me that wasn't a good enough ideal--they wanted me to become a brain surgeon. Wha?)

29. What is your best childhood memory? Having tuna salad sandwiches with my grandmother on her back lawn, pretending that we were dining at a very fawncy restaurant.

30. Ever been toilet papering? Absolutely not.

31. Been in a car accident? Yep.

32. Favorite restaurant? Umm. Doyle's Bar in Boston. Pho Pasteur in Chinatown. Cafe La Med in Berkeley.

33. Favorite flower? Really spicy or tea-scented roses.

34. Favorite ice cream? Coffee Heath Bar Crunch

35. Favorite fast food restaurant? In and Out Burger? I think? Maybe?

36. How many times did you fail your drivers test? None.

37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't shop that much. Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond? I have this thing for lots of perfectly matched towels and expensive sheet sets. But then I could go crazy in a pet supply place too. Or a bookstore, obviously.

38. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?I dunno. I lifted this from everyone else who's been doing it (Cindy, Kristie, Doug, SexKitten, etc.). I'm late to the party.

39. Last person you went to dinner with? Dear Butcher? I really don't remember, to be honest. But I'm thinking that if it were dinner then Dear Butcher was there. Lunch? Different story. A board member and the Superintendent.

40. How many tattoos do you have? None. But I wouldn't mind getting one.

41. How many people are you sending this to? Quoting Doug's response on this question: "None. Or many. Depends on your point of view."

42. What time did you finish this e-mail? 9:15 am

43. Favorite magazine? Atlantic Monthly. Harper's. Knitter's. Saveur.

44. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? Chris Rock.

45. If you could choose another first name, what would it be? Oh dear. I kind of already did that when I started the blog, didn't I? I like Shushan (which means Lily). I like variations on Catherine and Christine too.

46. If you could change your profession right now, what would you be doing? Speech writer for a politician. Successful (HA! HA!) barn owner. (It never happens.)

No comments: