Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Jesus Christ is their CEO

A vacuum store in Texas, where Jesus is Lord and every woman gets a flower.

Clearly Jesus has much spare time on His hands after picking lottery winners, stamping out hunger and hatred, and turning all hearts towards the Lord. Running a vacuum center truly must be a high priority for Him.

I actually put this together on Tuesday, and then on Tuesday evening, I found this insanity, courtesy of Pharyngula. There's a group of Christians who believe that I-35, which runs North South through the center of the country is the highway referred to in Isiah 35:8. (Get it? Chapter 35? Highway 35? Get it? Huh? Huh?)

Here's the Bible verse:
And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
And here's the OMG, I can't believe I just watched that, video:



Christians, and I am one, so I know what of I speak, are so CRAZY sometimes!

Maybe I should send this entry to my neighbor with the big black and white banner over his garage (Black? Festive!) which reads in block letters: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS

Maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can you say?

Wonder how he broke the news to his fiance. "Darling, you'll never guess..."

I don't know how the minds of people like this work. Apart from anything else, they must know that the Bible wasn't written neatly divided into chapters.

Marianne McA

Anonymous said...

OH.... MY.... GOD....

That's fucking INSANE!!! Who the fuck do those people think they are?

Suisan said...

Stop SWEARING!!

Signed,

Your Mother