Let's see, since April, what has happened? Looks like this will have to be a list and I'll blog about individual stuff later.
- My mother is still insane. (How do I know this? She sent me a 3 page single-spaced draft obituary for herself listing every cultural institution for which she holds season tickets and every charitable donation she has ever made. Ok, then.)
- My brother is still insane. (How do I know this? He's decided that his older son now belongs to his ex-wife. He's only going to focus on the younger son who likes him. For now.)
- My house is still a mess.
- My kids are doing well.
- Neo's going to have her artwork on display at the County Fair this July. And she got three pieces in the Middle School Art Show. AND her cover was chosen for the "Spring Supplement" to the yearbook. Good job, kid.
- School's out. Eek. This means the kids are home for months at a time. Eek.
- We have chickens. Five pullets who are waiting for the backyard coop to finish being built.
- With corn prices going up and flooding in the midwest, Dear Butcher's prices are going through the roof. We're hanging in there, but there's a bit of white-knuckling going on.
Not all the news is good, however. Since late April, we've had some truly violent outbursts from Saul -- in one we were about two minutes away from hospitalizing him. Violent to the point where adults ended up on top of him holding him face down to the ground. Scary shit. None of these happened at school. Two were at home, two were at his family therapist's office. Struggling through those really set me back during the month of May. Nightmares, guilt, self-doubt, every negative emotion you could think of. Come June, I think things are better. It's still a struggle though. Drudgery. Get up, get kids dressed. Plan the day. Make lunch. etc., etc., Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
Most days I feel as if I'm underwater. Today I'm battling the tail end of a head cold (sinus pain) so I feel especially underwater. But the view's nice from here. Sort of blurry, but nonetheless a lovely pale turquoise.