Monday, September 12, 2005

Work related emails

I just got the chain letter which asks me to forward it back to the sender only if you really love God.

OK, automatic delete for me.

But, here's the thing--I got it at my work email. I'm an elected official. A politician. Scurge of the earth. And I know the woman who sent it to me.

And my cynical mind goes into automatic overdrive. Is she asking me to re-examine my role with God so as to help me in my days of crisis? (Aw. That's sweet, but really it's not much of your business.) Or is this some sort of test to see if I DO love God and WILL forward the letter on to her as proof that I will do anything to make a voter love me? (Gee. I don't stoop quite that low, but thanks for asking.)

And in other news my political buddy just got all his signs graffiti-ed. HEY! Lay OFF! Grumble grumble grumble....

5 comments:

Angela James said...

*peering suspiciously*

what kind of elected official? LMAO...

I did a rant on one of my blogs about chain emails. I loathe them, especially since they circulate around and around and around and they're generally not very original.

Suisan said...

School Board.

We're right above elected Dog Catcher but just below elected City Clerk in the grand order of elected officialdom.

Since there's never enough money to go around we are universally loathed. Why do I do this?
Suisan

CindyS said...

I have an aunt who will just forward any crap that comes her way. I don't mind jokes or touching e-mails but I draw the line at threats. If I like an e-mail I will erase the part where it says you have to forward it or you know, death, disease, destruction etc. I would have deleted the e-mail also. I don't think God is watching my e-mail ;)

CindyS

Tara Marie said...

I get a lot of these emails from an aunt too, I ususally ignore them until she starts sending them with a receiving prompt, that I have to answer

I'd email it back with a note, saying you appreciate the gesture but receiving this at work is really inappropriate, and she should have really nice day.

ReneeW said...

I have a friend from church who constantly sends me the same crap. Plus she sends emails that demand you send them back to her to show how much you love HER too, or suffer dire consequences. I delete it ALL. She also sends right-wing propaganda crap (I'm a liberal and she knows that). But since we are "church ladies" I have to be polite.