Sunday, September 04, 2005

Does. Not. Compute.

I can wash all the dishes in my house. They can all be put away in the cupboard for about 5 minutes before the next meal dirties them again. But at least they can all be clean.

Laundry makes that obsessive compulsive side of my brain go into seizure. In a family of five, with towels, sheets, kitchen wipe up towels, bath rugs, and clothes, it is impossible to ever have all the laundry done at the same time.

And then there's the added problem of needing to wear clothes while running the loads of laundry up and down the stairs. (No, I'm not doing the laundry nekkid. My ten year old daughter would just crumple and die of embarrassment if she ever saw my bare ass.)

The laundry thing makes me grind my teeth....

4 comments:

CindyS said...

Now see, I'm the opposite. Dirty dishes make me crazy and if I have a clean kitchen the result in take out. It takes a lot of energy to keep a kitchen clean so when it's spiffy, hubby taking me out to dinner!!j

Because I am nocturnal I can do laundry all night long. What gets me is where my frickin' baskets are! I wish my laundry was a mainfloor one because the stairs are a killer!

Also, I will do my cleaning in a pair of old shorts and T-shirt so that if I spill bleach or chemicals on them I won't care. When cleaning I get excessively hot so I need to wear my summer gear.

aktaie said...

I, too loathe laundry. It makes me want to tear my hair out. The absolute worst part is that within a week or two, it has to be done again. Ugh.

Oops, I guess I'm posting a comment on a post that's a year old.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »