Monday, August 08, 2005



I was going to post this photo to the sidebar, but gave up trying to get it to look right.

I am really trying to finish this book. I just can't get involved in it. I don't want to start another sentence with "I", but I feel uncreative today.

Whine, whine, whine.

I'd love to write a really snarky review about all the little ways that this book annoys me, but it doesn't annoy me either. I'm not angry at the plot twists in the book, I'm not angry at the author, I'm just not that involved with this book. I adore Zorro, so I guess it could be that unrealized expectations thing, but, no, Isabel Allende has done a good job fleshing out the origin story of Zorro. But she has so far failed to make it interesting. This morning I brought Zorro to the pool for entertainment during my son's swim lesson. I learned that Diego de la Vega (Zorro) got a trunk full of books and read them. Eh, Isabel? You out there? Watching a character read is not really that engaging.

This novel is beginning to feel like an academic assignment--I've got to finish it so that I can write about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »