Friday, August 19, 2005

College days

I'm still working on the meme, but until then:

My husband was driving with my seven year old son.

Son: "Dad, did you go to college?"
Dad: "Yes. But I only went for one year. Then I did some other stuff. Then I came back and got a degree in something else.

Conversation goes to rambling off to a different topic. About twenty minutes later, son asks one of those imponderable questions of his father.

Dad: "I don't think I know the answer to that."
Son: "Maybe you should have stayed in college."

Dad's mother got a big kick out of this one.....

3 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

LOL Oh, that's cute. Out of the mouth's of babes eh?

Suisan said...

I try not to fall victim to the "My child said the cutest thing" bug, but apparently this one was said with a certain degree of concern and scorn in his voice.

Husband said he almost took the car off the road, first in surprise then in laughter.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »